Thoracic surgrey department at our hospital provide diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of malignant and non-malignant diseases of lungs, trachea, esophagus, chest wall and mediastinum. We pride ourselves on helping to our patients to find the options of care which are the safest, modern and most minimally-invasive. Our surgeons have been at the forefront of utilizing the latest minimally invasive surgical options, including laparoscopic and endoscopic techniques to help our patients. Minimally invasive surgical technique is less invasive than open surgery, reducing the risk of infection, minimizing scarring and patients recover from surgery more quickly. Our surgeons usually use minimally invasive surgical techniques like video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) to perform lung biopsies, pleural biopsies and remove malignancies from lung.
Founded in 1997, Academic Hospital is one of the leading healthcare providers in Turkey with long standing, excellent global reputation. In order to guarantee that our patients get reliable and effective medical care we carefully selected highly trained surgeons to be part of our thoracic surgery department.
As an Turkey’s one of the leading hospitals, our world renowned thoracic surgeons enables to provide our patients with coordinated multi-disciplinary care, high quality clinical outcomes, access to leading edge technology and clinical trials, cost-efficient care, outstanding patient experience, research and innovation, and a holistic approach to patient care. We provide easy access to evaluation and treatment for a full range of thoracic conditions, utilizing the latest diagnostic and surgical technology.
We are pleased to provide immediate access to treatment of thoracic disorders at affordable prices. Our patients can rest assured that that we will collaborate and explore all treatment options, providing the best care available.
We are providing our patients with the same level of compassionate service we would wish for ourselves and for our loved ones
World class care from world-class thoracic surgeons.
Thoracic surgeons in our exclusive network are among the Turkey’s most successful providers of thoracic surgeries. Our highly trained surgeons committed to providing excellent surgical services to our patients. Our surgeons have had between 20 – 40 years’ experience in their field. No matter what type of thoracic surgery you may require, you can be confident in their abilities. Our surgeons are experienced in all aspects of thoracic surgery.
The surgeons at hospitals work closely with interventional radiologists, pathologists, radiation and medical oncologists and intensive care physicians to provide care for our patients which is safe, effective, modern and most minimally-invasive
Types of Thoracic Surgeries
Thoracic disease treatments vary by condition. In our hospital full range of diagnosing and treatment options of thoracic disorders are available for our patients
The following are the most performed surgical procedures by our expert thoracic surgeons;
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
- Lung and chest wall cancer surgery
- Chest Wall Deformity Corrective Surgery (Pectus Excavatum & Pectus Carinatum)
- Surgical Treatment of Pectus Carinatum (Pigeon Chest) and Abramson Procedure
- Chemical Pleurodesis for MPE & Chylothorax
- Decortication and Pleurectomy for Mesothelioma and or Ampyema
- ETS Sympathectomy for Excessive Sweating and Blushing
- Trachea and Cervical Surgery for Stenosis
- Bronchoscopy-Endobronchial Tumor Biopsy – Bronchial Lavage
- Diagnostic Procedures – Esophagoscopy – Endoluminal Evaluation and Tumor Biopsy
- Mediastinal Tumors – Cyst Surgery
- IPC (Intrapleural Permanent Tunnelled CHEST Catheter for MPE (Malignant Pleural Effusion) and Chylothorax
- Lung Biopsy and Wedge Resection
- Thoracic and Trachea Surgery
- Thymus Surgery
- Tracheal Stenting